We all know that honey tastes great but did know that honey has many more uses as well? You can sooth a sore throat, soften your skin, get a great facial, and even clean a wound.
Here's some great uses for honey you may not know about.
- Give yourself a facial - rub some honey onto your face, focusing on the dry areas, then rinse, no need for soap! Did you know honey also helps to fight acne?!
- Get baby sift skin - pour 1/4 cup honey with a few drops of olive oil in your bath water.
- Make an amazing gel for curly hair - Mix honey with hair conditioner! 1/3 honey and 2/3 conditioner, use more or less honey till you get the consistency you want. The runnier your conditioner the more honey you will need. Don't use more than about 50/50 though or it will dry sticky. (and trust me, don't use straight honey!)
- Clean cuts and scrapes - Honey is very anti- microbial and anti-fungal. Place a dab of it on a cut before bandaging.
- Get an energy boost! - just a spoon full of honey goes a long way in the mornings, it's also very good for your health and is said to boost your metabolism! :)
- Sooth a sore throat - warm a tablespoon of honey and a table spoon of fresh lemon juice, it's great for a sore throat and helps to ease coughing too.